View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Why should FM be "On The Cover Of The Rolling Stone" at this point in time when they haven't done anything other than announce that Christine has returned? When and if a new record comes out and it sells like hotcakes or receives critical acclaim then RS should put FM on the cover...
exactly! i was just thinking the same while reading those posts saying they should be on the cover. what for? being a consistent nostalgia act for the last several decades? being good as selling themselves as "legendary" lately? not having any new music out since 2003? that's more than a decade ago!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I agree. Well, I don't think the album has to sell like hotcakes. But I do think they deserve to make the cover when they have a new album. Yes, Christine's return is news, but that's all the news they have. They just came off a tour. That's not news. So, until they have done something that's worthy of a cover, or as my beloved Elaine would say "sponge-worthy," then No Cover For You.
yup!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"