View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 04:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default live mac on beat-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
I was just going through some old Beat Club/Beat Beat Beat tv shows and while the early ones of 1965-66 have some fantastic live (mono) segments (and a special 1967 show at the Marquee) the later ones seem to be all miming and lip-synching, even by groups who earlier showed they could do solid live performances (Small Faces, The Who) what a waste. No FM or Green related stuff on what I have though (I wish).
. . .
Sorry for being mostly off topic.
PLEASE, excuse me for going into the off topic stuff here for a second, folks!

but, becca, if you follow the "beat-club" series chronologically, you'll discover that from august '69 on the programme started returning increasingly to the live formula until in january 1970 (the official start of the colour broadcasts) the performances were COMPLETELY live again. and the dvd box-sets indeed DO feature a small live portion of the mac - bc no. 68 from 25-6-71 shows them playing "dragonfly" (although all the optical gimmicks displayed don't make it very easy to really watch the band). and there's outtakes of their performance in existence featuring 2 more songs, "danny in e minor" (?) and "lay it all down" - at least the latter and "dragonfly" can be seen on youtube.

a heartily thanks to all and everyone for bearing with me going astray from the straight line on this occasion (a new thread on this would've been superfluous, as there's nothing more to it, really.)!
martin