View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default K Urban talks new duet with LB

http://peopleschoice.com/2018/01/29/...g-little-lies/

Keith Urban Talks New Duets And If He’d Sing On ‘Big Little Lies’
1:00 pm on January 29, 2018

Keith Urban is currently working on his Graffiti U record – which is set for a 2018 release – and he already has one duet in the works, and another one he’s dreaming about… and we’re ready for both of them.

The former American Idol judge opened up to Entertainment Tonight about his most-recent single, “Parallel Line,” which was co-written by Ed Sheeran, and is perfect according to the Australian singer.

“There’s a few people on that song, Ed and Julia Michaels, and [I’m] very grateful I got that song. I love it,” Urban told Entertainment Tonight at the MusiCares Person of the Year Event over the weekend. “I got sent the song and just loved it immediately and set about figuring out how to turn it into a record.”

While the Sheeran collaboration is already a song, Urban is hoping to add another duet, this time with Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham to his upcoming record. “[The band] is hugely influential in my music, the way I write songs, the way I record,” he explained. “Lindsey Buckingham is one of the greatest underrated guitarists of all time.”

When Urban isn’t focusing on his record and gushing about the artists who inspire him, he is gushing about his wife Nicole Kidman and her work on the series Big Little Lies. In fact, after learning that Meryl Streep would be joining the cast next season, Urban is up for a duet with the amazing actress in some way, and we are really excited about this possibility.

“Of course I would! [Kidman] would drive it,” Urban told the publication when asked if he’d work with Streep on the Big Little Lies soundtrack. “It would be a collaborative thing.”

Fingers crossed all of these collaborations come to fruition!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"