View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 03:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This live album reissue is so unexpected. I would have no interest in anything else but this coming from this band. The Live album has always been one of my favorites. Its the best thing Mick ever did ....pretty much forcing Warner Brothers to do this. Everyone was against it and it was not commercially successful. The band had just released what was considered a flop double album......now another double live album with tracks from the flop double album? I can see why no one was excited about it. But its the best thing ever. So much better and raw compared to the #1 Dance album. I just wish they did not included those "new" tracks and we got The Chain and Sisters. I also wish all tracks came from the Tusk Tour compared to sound checks on the Rumours tour. I think the Dreams on the live album is nails down a chalk board. Nicks is overly selling the song as if she was a contestant on American Idol. The reason? It was recorded just as Dreams was released on the Rumours tour....recorded in Paris on a sound check. I think she was excited about the song but good grief I hate the vocal.

Since this thread also about meeting them, I am jealous and also a loser. In 1984, I had won 2 sets of tickets from a radio station for Christine McVie. My parents were not going to take me so I had to find other ways of going. I cracked the code of when the radio station was going to play a FM song to call and win tickets. I got lucky twice on an adult contemporary station that apparently not many people listened to. But all winners were eligible for backstage passes to meet Christine. OMG. I had double entries. How could I not win? I didn't.
I never "met" them but shook Stevie's hand and Lindsey's hand at the meet and greet. In my 20's, I was very fit and had this wife beater tank top on that said "Rock Hard". During her edge walk in 1998, Stevie grabbed both hands and looked down and read my shirt. Her expression was odd