Thread: 140 million
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I believe rather than think about what we perceived as hits, we have to come to understand that past radio airplay or single release does not necessarily correlate with long term sustainability or popularity.

I think the Chain is pretty darn high. 5th most streamed song, 3rd highest song from Rumours.

Tango in the Night is a streaming animal onto itself and obviously found itself a international niche and probably a younger demo than Tusk and Mirage within the modern streaming consumer base.

Tusk and Mirage combined total of streams are 177 million. Tango is 317 million on its own.

Also what stood out to me is the Rumours era streaming volume by writer is not as heavily skewed towards Stevie as I thought. 39% Stevie, 32% Lindsey, 29% Christine. Obviously Stevie has a much greater solo volume than the others, that is indisputable. However, it does lead me to believe that Lindsey's rights sale had significantly more value than I initially perceived, especially when artist, writer, and producer royalties are included.

Last edited by John Run; 02-10-2021 at 07:43 AM..