View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Can they not tell? I suppose nothing should surprise me. Haha.

Listening to it again today, I've decided it's a fun addition to the album. My former impression of it was that it wasn't ~*serious enough*~ and therefore worthy of derision or dismissal. According to last.fm, the last time I listened to it was in 2014 - once. The two times before that were in 2008, so I'd say it was high time that I listen to it again with fresh ears.
That's cool. Its fun to appreciate older songs you pass by and not like. Years later you learn to appreciate them. When I bought the album Tusk, I hated Storms. My album had scratches on the song which took away the intimacy of the song. Years later I discovered the passion of the song and paid attention to the lyrics and its a great song. One of the best of Tusk.
Only Over You is another song. I hated the song when I first got Mirage. Today, OMG, its one of the best songs on Mirage.
The best songs always take a little time to get to you.

Now if I could get everyone to appreciate Two Kinds of Love, I can sleep better tonight

(I know, I know, quit while I'm ahead)