View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you came up with some interesting logic which i doubt pans out if you would look at performers' ages as the show progressed (which i really don't care to do). but let's look at just the opening and closing songs/acts:
  • opening act Beyonce and Jay Z - Beyonce 32, Jay Z 44 - not exactly Lorde's 17 .
  • closing act QOTSA - Josh Homme 40.

and then of course there's this - the sheer numbers of viewership :
The middle hour is traditionally the one with the highest ratings, but really they maintain a steady audience for all THREE hours. Now, that Pro Bowl that was on NBC DID see a steady decline in viewership during the night. They lost 3 million viewers from first hour to last, but that doesn't happen with the Grammys.

The year they lost the most viewers was 2012 after Whitney's death. They had very high ratings that year and it can be assumed that a lot of extra people tuned in to see the Whitney tribute and then stopped watching when it was over. But most years, there's not that kind of fluctuation between the hours.

Now, the demographic rating is based on viewers 18-49. I don't have the age break down beyond that.

Michele