View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

To say Fleetwood Mac was floundering in 1995 is an understatement. The band was staying at Best Western and Holiday Inn hotels during this time. There was an article about the Dance in 1997 in the Palm Beach Post that described how Mick's life had changed. They were renting an entire floor at the world exclusive Breakers Hotel yet 2 years prior the paper pointed out this dumpy Best Western hotel they stayed at prior.

Mick has always taken great pride in keeping the band going. However, I was surprised he recently admitted it was a mistake to do so. I was floored I heard him say that.

Besides Street Angel tanking (it was not even gold in 1994) not charting, and not having any top 40 hits, her tour was not extended as planned. She was supposed to play 2 nights at the new (then) Kravis Center in West Palm Beach. It was never announced but she cancelled the extension of the tour. The Kravis Center is a theater so Stevie was playing the Ohio Fair and in some instances theaters promoting an album that flopped.

I recently watched those long Dance interviews during rehearsals. It was just a reminder that old wounds were not healed but did it for soaking in wild success again.

When Enchanted was released in 1998 many commented how the Dance relaunched Stevie's career. Enchanted sold well but her concert was playing to packed amphitheaters and arenas again.

So not once but twice Fleetwood Mac made Stevie a solo star. Christine was always good with money so she probably did not need it. Lindsey saw those dollar signs and went along for the ride.