Thread: Time
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Time, as it was released, was pretty much a "compromise" album. WB had rejected the original album that was submitted with the title Another Link In The Chain due to Christine's complete absence from the album. It was all Bekka, Billy & Dave's compositions.
Fascinating, I never knew that before. I wonder what the rejected songs were like.

It seems a shame to me that Billy, having contributed five songs to BTM, seems limited to hiding in Bekka's shadow on Time. DM meanwhile had to co-write his contributions with outside writers. You didn't sense the same organic unity between Burnette and Mason as you did with Burnette and Vito. As for Bekka, well only one of her three solo leads was written by her at all, while one was supplied by an outside writer and the other was just an old song of her dad's that she wrote an extra verse for.

BTM was a much more organically joined album with members collaborating on songwriting together a lot more.

Time is listenable and I was sorry to see it on one guy's ten worst of all time list but it didn't surprise me how quickly the line-up collapsed.