View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by 4Buck
I think because Buckingham, Christine, Fleetwood and John (who's thinner now than during the DANCE) are all/were slim, Nicks stands out. That and the fact when it's 90-something degrees in stadiums and she wears layers and layers of warm-looking (BLACK!) clothes, calls attention to her weight, rather than conceals it.

The thing is, whether anyone likes it or not, heavy people are going to be ostracized the way smokers have been. They're first working on the obese children, but obese children get this way mostly from the overweight moms feeding them the wrong foods, or mothers giving the children money for high-calorie fast foods.

Heavy people always claim that it's medication that puts on the pounds, and to some extent it is. But alcohol (especially!) candy, fried foods or chips in combination with the drugs exacerbate this.

The common retort from a fat person when someone criticizes her weight is that she doesn't eat much ....but then you see her chug down a few glasses of beer, drink wine (5 oz glass is 100 calories, folks!), eat a complete bag of Cheetos or carton of ice cream at one sitting, and you know she's fabricating. It's a lifestyle she's choosing, rather than something she can't help.....and short women can't eat as much as tall women, without gaining weight.
Um... men get fat too! LOL! And I personally have never claimed anything other than my own greed caused me to be fat. Having said that I certainly didn't choose the lifestyle but there are other factors in my life that added to this. Your statement is somewhat sweeping IMO

Pip

Pip