Quote:
Originally posted by 4Buck
You are right.

Here is what Nicks was saying years and years ago:

USA Today
August 16, 1994

Nicks Shedding Gypsy Ways
by Shawn Sell

……………………..She stopped smoking "December 12," she says, and her voice has never been in better shape.........
............Movies maybe? TV? "Absolutely not!" she says. "I can't stand to have a camera right in my face, always having to worry, 'Is this the best side of me or is that?' I can't even stand to do videos any anymore." .................................

She also can’t abide talk about her weight, which has been on the up side in recent years. "When you're as short as I am (5-foot-1), 10 extra pounds makes you look totally blown up."
The story about her manager who became an ex-employee when he told her she had to lose 20 pounds or forfeit her career is true, she says. "But then," she adds with a laugh, "I did lose the 20 pounds." ..................................

"It hurts me," she adds. "It hurts my heart to hear people say these sorts of things about me. As if, unless you look a certain way, your music is not important anymore. I'm 46. I am who I am." ……………………………

It's that self-sufficiency that defines Nicks in the '90s. "I've been around too long not to be happy with myself, and I'm enjoying being by myself," she says adding there is "no one special in my life now." (As for long ago beau Lindsey Buckingham: "He doesn't speak to me; we don't speak at all actually. He only played at the inauguration because I called him on the phone and begged him.")

Creem 1982

Stevie Nicks, Macrame Goddess: Confronting the Gates of Elmo
By Sylvie Simmons

" "My voice is alright now. I worked a long time on it. But a year is too long--I could probably tour six months a year solid, but I cannot tour for 12. I'm not 18, you know. It gets harder and harder to be wonderful every night in front of all those kids that you're 15 years older than. I'd like to tour for two months on and two months off. Three weeks off doesn't cut it.

"I can't even get all my clothes unpacked and cleaned and packed again in three weeks.

"Otherwise it's not fair to the people you're playing for. I don't want a tired Stevie walking out onstage and trying to do 'Rhiannon' when I'm dead. You can never call in sick. You can be on the side of the stage with terrible cramps and all of a sudden you've got 30 seconds to try not to even let that come into your head. I've seen a lot of concerts that because of extreme exhaustion aren't special. For me there's nothing I'd rather do than go to a great rock concert. But there's nothing I'd rather not do than go to a rock concert by a great band that isn't good."

Even though I agree that she should just be herself, I am so glad she lost the weight. It was almost like she was at an unhealthy weight at one point. And I'm sure she is much happier now!

We were frail...
Save us...