View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
The scripted shows everyone has been complaining about since 1997 aren't new at all.

When did you become ~*jaded*~ about the Rumours lineup? It's no secret you're not a fan of the California kids, so what changed your mind?
1) The decline started when they started scripting their concert sets (as mentioned in previous post), and ignoring tunes from pre-75; but, the Tusk tour kind of rekindled my spirit, since they kept tweaking their sets & mixing up the new tunes during that tour.

2) The long breaks between Fleetwood Mac albums in the 80s (either BE a band, or find people who WANT to be in the band)

3) Their diminishing talents (either drug or age induced) in the mid-late 80s

4) The invention of the internet & Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks/Lindsey Buckingham message boards. They're good, but they're not the friggin' "geniuses" & "Goddesses" everyone fawns over...maybe back between 1975-80, yeah, but these days, for me, they're done. Basically, all the "Chiffonheads" & "Buckheads" have ruined ANY small bit of appreciation I had left for Buckingham, Nicks and any incarnation of Fleetwood Mac that they're members of. I think that stems from when Lindsey left in '87...they got great players to join (Rick & Billy), the two tours with them were both well received both by fans & critics. Then the 94/95 tour and the new lineup, once people understood that this was the NEW Fleetwood Mac lineup, seemed to like their approach...but then they released Time, which many people at the time who had bought it, LIKED IT; but, the then growing internet message boards started filling up with the incredible hatred for the album "Because it wasn't Lindsey or Stevie, how could it be Fleetwood Mac"...well, there was a Fleetwood Mac BEFORE them and obviously AFTER them....the narrow-minded attitudes combined with the overt fawning just turned me off toward both Stevie & Lindsey. I've grown to hate 'em both...and even the stuff I USED to like, I just loathe these days (due to over exposure, I think, more than anything).

Sure, I still have a few private moments when I can listen to TISL or the official GOS and get into them, but those moments are VERY FEW and VERY far between.

Last edited by chiliD; 06-18-2009 at 05:20 PM..