View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
The Nicksheads might be willing to think of this album as another mercy offering to Lindsey, in that SN isn't overtly active during this tour and is giving LB more room because of the public neglect. It is a possibility, given that SN's voice didn't change the GOS songs in any significant way. But it is more likely that Lindsey hasn't deemed her necessary for his music since Rumours in that she has very little harmony parts in the material Lindsey has put out since then. Maybe it was because the songs were already considered complete; that's why she was only slapped on in there superficially.

It remains to be seen whether the next possible album is a true group effort in between LB and SN in terms of Lindsey's songs too. Stevie hasn't been given much room on a Lindsey song since "Go Your Own Way". We'll see if he's still willing to work with her to that extent.
Come On. Do you think WB would have released this record is Stevie had not come on board? The same WB that poo poo's Lb's GOS material in the first place. Do you think LB could have sold out or come close to it the huge venues on the first leg of this tour. Based on his relative unknown status when compared to the FM name and more importantly Stevie Nicks name, the anser is no - LB could not have been this big time. Do I think Stevie took pity on LB and agreed to do this on that basis? No. I think that may have been part of it, but I think deep down SN and LB like being with each other - end of story for me at least.

Also, I am not saying LB needs to be big time rock and roll, I am just saying he seems to covet it for whatever reason.

Finally, Stevie has always harmonized on almost all of LB's stuff and harmonizes on SYW in many ways. So, I do not get your point.

save the cheerleader - save the world