View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 11:46 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Yes, the emotion on Stevie's songsis worn on the sleeve, so people can connect with it more readily. And even a song like Illume, which I admit has grown on me, had to be subtitled (9/11) just in case people didn't figure out right away what it was about.

I agree with this assessement. Lindsey is more sophisticated in how he presents his emotions in songs. His lyrical ideas, though at times so overtly simplistic on the surface, tend to hide a level of complexity that takes some time to get to. And even though he mostly uses fairly traditional chord progressions (excepting some of the Tusk songs) the approach is unconventional.

As I've pointed out before, Lindsey has always gotten plenty of kudos for his on-stage presence, more so since the Dance, but I believe the critics really started to pay attention to his stage antics during the Tusk tour. He's a vibrant performer.

Also, let's cut Stevie a break. She had had hip replacement, and from what I understand, though common, it is a serious operation.
A hip replacement is very serious. I bow to her for what she's doing!