View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSorcerer View Post
And that's entirely the bands fault. They've been out on the road four times since 1997 (including the tour this year) and three of those tours have primarily been greatest hits tours with no new studio album to promote. Even when they did tour behind Say You Will they ignored a good portion of that album and dropped several of the new tracks after so many dates. I saw them in the UK and I can count on one hand the amount tracks from SYW that were included in the set list. How are people supposed to accept new songs or more obscure album tracks and singles if the band themselves don't give the majority of them a chance? It's great that they've included a couple of new songs and a few "surprises" this year but there's still the same old mainstays being performed alongside them. People only expect to hear certain songs because the band never give them a rest.

They could drop the following:

Sara (as much as I love the song)
Gyspy
I'm So Afraid
Stand Back
Never Going Back Again
Silver Springs

and replace with any of the following:

I Don't Want to Know - (this would get a great response purely because it's on Rumours)
Blue Letter
Crystal - (this could easily replace NGBA. Stevie and Lindsey could duet with just an acoustic guitar)
That's Alright
Seven Wonders - (this would probably get a great response, especially in Europe, because it's on TITN and was a top 20 hit in the US)
Frozen Love
Tango in the Night - (could replace ISA)
Destiny Rules

They could easily shake up their set list more than they have and still please the audience. It's their own problem that they find themselves a hits touring band today. It's like they've been touring behind The Dance for 16 years. They're as bad as The Eagles and Cher.
They've been touring behind Rumours for 36 years....

But they can't drop I'm So Afraid. A Fleetwood Mac show without ISA wouldn't be a Mac show to me. Same goes for Silver Springs, huge crowd pleaser. Sara, Gypsy, NGBA, SB could be dropped and replaced with the songs you've mentioned. I would love to hear Frozen Love and IDWK would certainly be a hit with everyone (the die hards and the casuals). I would love to hear TITN, it's such a dark & dramatic song. Or maybe they should bring back Come. I miss that one.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced