View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Really well said!
But for what it's worth, I really don't think they're going to actually record new music. They just said that because they say a lot of things and Stevie is going to be bitter about Lindsey for the rest of her life so she wants to throw a dig in there, but I doubt it'll actually happen. When would they even work on it? After this tour finishes? And then after that hypothetical album is finished, by the time it comes out, by the time they agree to tour again for it they'll all be in their mid 70s and Christine will be nearly 80. I still think that this tour is basically going to be the 'end' of Fleetwood Mac.
And I totally agree with what you said about the Buckingham McVie album. I can't believe there are people who think Stevie wasn't bothered by it. She didn't want to record with him as a producer but I'm sure it never occurred to her that Lindsey would just go 'fine' and then put out an album like that with someone else, least of all Christine. I know it was a long time ago but she literally said that if it wasn't for the fact that she knew Chris would never want to cause problems for her and Lindsey, she would have had to quit the band because she couldn't have been able to deal with Lindsey working on music like that with someone else. She said it was arguably the worst moment for her in the band.
Personally, I believe that that album, as well as her issues in dealing with grief for TP, are the two main things that finally broke the camel's back for her.
I thought that was pretty classless for her to say. Plus, the pre B/N comment. She has no idea how lucky she is that people can tolerate her hoarse voice.

I do agree that all their voices have really faded.. and that's part of life.. But even on recording she's like nails on a chalk board to me.

I saw three BuckVie shows and Christine was pretty bad in one show. Great in the next. Her pitch problems were rubbing on my nerves. But she still does sing a wider range. YMLF is just a tad out of her reach now.. But she goes for it.