View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Yes, great postings THD! Fantastic that you have actually seen and heard FM in their prime. Please keep the memories coming! How many times do yo reckon you saw FM and where? How old were you?

That Youtube clip is from a dutch tv appearance. According to Hjort's book "Strange Brew" it was filmed on the 26th of september 1968. Danny had just joined at the end of the summer. I really hope you are proven wrong too.

Ms Moose
Thank you so much Ms Moose- I hope I am Proven wrong But even more so I hope I'm proved right ,as I would then be really impressed with myself !

I saw them 7 or 8 times whilst Peter was in the band , and a further 4 times before they settled in the US . I wish I'd seen them more, but I was still a schoolboy at the start,(well actually up till Peter left !!) and I guess I was still getting pocket money from my parents ,and this had to pay for records and everything else , sheet music and saving up for a better guitar, and a few performaces by other people Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Aysley Dunbar Retaliation , John Lee Hooker etc

So:

Battersea Town Hall ,London oct 22, 1968 ( I was 16)

Surrey rooms Oval cricket ground, London, May 8,1969

Royal Albert Hall with Duster Bennet & BBKingJune 30 ,1969 (Def saw this line up , but they did earlier Albert hall show with BB, so some doubt as to which I was at, though my memory is that it was after seeing them at the Surrey Rooms )

The Round House Feb25 1970
Ditto Venue (but poss not -the doubt here is that I think I saw them at the Round House on a total of three occassions ,but that doesnt fit with the published gig lists! )

The Lyceum Ballroom ,Strand, London 12 April ,1970

Roundhouse( Peters last Appearance possibly 24 April 1970, but see above)

Imperial College London (Peter had left ,but was in the front row watching the band!)

Kensington Town Hall Bob Welch(this is weird but I can't remember much about him being there and perhaps he wasn't?) (Jeremy had left) and Danny definitelty there (Mick did an amazing free flowing drum jam afterwards belying his self confessed limitations )

Marquee (Bob Welch , but was Danny there?)

City University ?

Some other university or College ,Bob Weston etc

I will post my memories of each one if you like, but which is the best thread to do it on ? I mean, I wasn't the only one at these events, and I 'd love for it to jog other peoples memories ,but they won't find them on a Colour Me Pop thread will they ? Or maybe they will!

Last edited by THD; 02-12-2011 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: more accuracy over dates and doubts over line up