View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I was talking Steely Dan as a band, not a man. That's the point Henley was making. They did not want to be so obvious and name Walter Becker. It was a joking retaliation since they were mentioned in his song. But it did frustrate the Eagles that Becker did not like the Eagles and it drove him nuts that his girlfriend liked them.

A similar situation but just way obvious is when Lynyrd Skynyrd mentions Neil Young in Sweet Home Alabama.

The line “They stab it with their steely knives, but they just can’t kill the beast,” is a reference to the band Steely Dan. Both bands were represented by the same manager, Irving Azoff, for a period of time and a healthy competition began between the two bands. Steely Dan made a reference to The Eagles in their song ‘Everything You Did’, so The Eagles took a shot at Steely Dan in ‘Hotel California’.

Speaking of Irving. He sort of broke up the Eagles insisting Frey and Henley get paid more than the other members which was one of the claims in Felder's lawsuit. But we can also say Irving broke up the Mac with Stevie firing Lindsey. I would love to know if during Mirage how much more Irving insisted Stevie get paid and I am sure when Lindsey left in 1987, her percent went up even more. I would love to know the percent. We would probably freak out. Imagine Stevie getting 40% of tour proceeds
You know WAY more about Steely Dan than I've ever wanted to know. I only know it's not "a man"!

Henley and Frey didn't get more UNTIL they reunited, correct? There's a fairly large segment in History(do you have it?) about it. And to be fair, Felder was the last full member(according to his book). Every member had an equal share, up until Felder joined. After that, greed set in, I guess. Timothy and Joe were never full share members.

Soooooo, after Bernie and Randy quit, the three "owners" were Don, Glenn, and Don. On paper, Felder deserved his 1/3 share of everything, including merch and what not. I'm sure if he had a time machine he'd back up and not be such a dick about it, but he was always demanding(rightfully so) to see the books, and make sure he was getting his cut.

It would suck to have your cut taken away, but at the same time, be happy and accept the millions you're still going to walk away with. I think they should have given him one last chance. "Buddy, this is IT. If you can't let it go, you're gone".

Supposedly before Christine came back, the SYW split was:
$tevie 40%
Lindsey 30%
John 15%
Dick 15%
I'm sure $tevie probably still makes more, but how would they split it now? $tevie 30%
Lindsey and Chris 20%
John and Dick 15%
Just a guess on the current split...