View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
I'm assuming that "Just Like Jesse James" ISN'T a cover of the song Cher made popular? Also, "Not A Love I'm Proud Of" sounds intriguing. The rest of the songs on that list have made it onto other projects or compilations.

Yeah, it was revealed after 24KG was released that "Blue Water" was one of the songs from the GoldFish/Ladybug project...and she's released "Rhiannon" project songs here and there since her solo career started. I'm still holding out that "Forsaken Love" will see the light of day on an officially released project soon.

Regarding the Expanded Editions that came out this past November, it seems highly unlikely that she'll re-record "Dial The Number" or "Gold & Braid" on any future project since she was willing to release them to the public...and I'm cool with that. Neither one was all that special. And there's no way she could top the live "Gold & Braid" from the WWD tour of 81', especially with her current vocal register. However, other than "Julia", she also omitted releasing songs like "Baby Doll" and "Sanctuary" which were also completed with a full band. Makes you wonder if she has plans for those as well.

But now I'm turning this thread into yet another "song speculation and wish list thread" about a new vault album...and there are already a million of those. Sorry.

Back on topic...

...so I suppose (as of now) those are the only four "vault songs" that we know for sure she has in the back of her mind for possible inclusion in an upcoming project?
Yes, this Just Like Jesse James is Stevie-penned.

I don't know if we can exclude from the start that she won't rerecord another song like she did with Twister but neither one of the songs that already appeared on last year's deluxe editions; I think from a marketing perspective, since the expanded editions were a success, it could be a good choice to record one of those demos that have been recently appreciated by the public.

And yes, the songs that have been explicitly named in recent times are only those four, from what I know.