View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I think we can all agree--TV is not the best medium for a live performance. That said, Stevie and Lindsey have both performed solo on Ellen, and had great performances. Stevie and FM have done the Today Show and GMA--I think we can probably agree to mixed results, but far exceeding the high school band try out we saw this week. I assume if WE all know TV not the best medium--I would think their PR folks would too. Begs the question--who decided this should be the worlds inaugural look at a Lindsey-less FM. Particularly with all of the backlash these folks are getting. They HAD To be perfect in their first showing. First impressions last the longest. This was a fail all the way around. All the chatter we've had on rehearsals, chemistry, etc. bottom line is this group was not ready to play live, or if they are, find a show where you can easily fit their new 15 person band on the stage.
This is a great viewpoint.

I finally decided to show my husband the Ellen videos. He has no vested interest in FM and humors me and my obsession. Rarely ever watches any of the things that I watch on FM. But he has been to concerts with me, so has witnessed both the Christine-less years, as well as the return of Chris.

He is a drummer and a musician, from a family of musicians and performers, so completely understands music, performing, etc.

His comment was “Well that was a cross between amateurs and has-beens. You must be really disappointed.” He has enough chops to recognize that something so important as the debut performance should have been booked and executed in such a way that they shone. Then he said “that’s depressing to watch.” Which made me tear up. It breaks my heart.

He thought Neil wasn’t very good, Mike is talented, but wtf was that piano thingy, Stevie looks like a Botox experiment gone bad, Chris sooo cute, John and Mick-standard.

Then he gave me a big hug and said he’s sorry that my band blew up. I really cried at that point.