View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yeah, I was kidding about the navel.
Duh.

Quote:
I think ISA is worlds better with a band, even his solo band, not just FM. I want him to tour without a band going forward, if that is the best thing to do, but I want him to really pick songs that are best suited for that. ISA sounded and GYOW both sounded fine on this tour, but I've seen them performed so much better.

I can't really pick which tour I liked best -- aside from this most recent one being last in my ranking. From a pure setlist perspective, I liked the GOS songs best and I liked the UTS songs least. BUT when the UTS tour happened, I didn't have SWS or GOS to compare it to and I thought the UTS tour was spectacular at the time. Only in retrospect can I say that I liked the next two more. Judging each from the contemporaneous pleasure I got out of them then, then I guess they were equal.

Michele
I think as much as I loved certain aspects about the tour, when we first heard rumblings about it, we thought it would be all-acoustic and that he would be giving us new arrangements of the rockers, translating them acoustically. I think that would have not only worked better in the OMS setting, but I also think it was part of the let-down for me.