View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i think this must be the first time ever that i've seen LB's solo career being referred to as a success (as opposed to "a LB paradox" or however they called it). so nice to see it - Lindsey has really been turning opinions around in the last 6 years

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/0...-go-solo-next/

Question of the Day: Which Frontman Should Go Solo Next?
BY CHRIS COPLAN ON MAY 25TH, 2012 IN NEWS, QUESTION OF THE DAY

Today, My Morning Jacket frontman Jim James announced plans to release his debut solo album. When said LP drops sometime early next year, James will join an illustrious list of well-known frontmen, from Peter Gabriel to Rod Stewart, who have made a go of it on their own. Some have had success as their own creative entities (Phil Collins, Lindsey Buckingham), while others have proven that going solo isn’t always the best approach (see: Chris Cornell’s Scream).

Which prominent rock/pop frontman would you like to see drop a proper solo record? Maybe someone like The Flaming Lips’ Wayne Coyne, The National’s Matt Berninger, or Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl? Is there ever an instance where a frontman shouldn’t go it alone? Or, are these albums a “requirement” for all truly successful frontmen?

Leave your comments below. You can also tweet us @coslive with the hashtag #CoSQotD or post something on our Facebook page.