View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Registered

Red face

[QUOTE=HejiraNYC;911946][QUOTE=Nikolaj;911924][I]

My apologies if there was a misunderstanding; my eyes were rolling at Lisa Hartman, not you. Although I must admit that the fact that you lend any credence to her saliva-as-metabolizer theory does merit a momentary darting of the eyes. ;p

Oh, Hejira, no apologies required, from you- your brief words were smart and informed. My words were naive and hopeful. Like I said, I know nothing!
I admire your writing a lot; and as I drove home, I was thinking 'oh sh*t, I think I got pissy again with someone', walked in, re-read my message and cringed.
I'd like to take back my snippiness. I'm sorry; and I hope you'll accept my apology, and if you do, you're a prince.
I'm angry with myself about it. I'd sworn off such snits, you see. Sigh.
Prior to this thread yesterday, the few that I'd shared the 'drink after you eat' info with also thought it was ridiculous. It was more than 20 years ago that I'd heard it. I still tend to do it; habit, I guess.
Drinking lots of water through the day can really cut my appetite before a meal, I've found. A nice side effect I get if I drink lots of water, is that I can't tolerate smoking, and though I have cut way down, I really want to quit, completely.
It's just that I love cigarettes more than water. Stupid of me. But on the lots of water days, I can't smoke without getting the worst headaches. It probably makes sense, cleansing out the toxins with the bottled waters, and then putting toxins back in with a Marlboro Red = one toxic headache.. No menthols for this nic-head, if I wanted menthol, I'd smoke a coughdrop, but I don't, so won't bother.

OH- back to the 'topic'-- tonight it was 2 pieces of cheese pizza, and a glass of ginger ale, and no xanax, this time.
I 'cheated' and sipped some of the drink because the crust at the top of the slices was too dry. Wouldn't want to choke, after all. Nope

Last edited by Nikolaj; 09-23-2010 at 08:27 PM..