View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Isn't the chorus melody on Stevie's demo essentially the same as the chorus melody on the finished version of "The Chain"?
Sort of. I guess. But the chord progression (Am7 | Em | C | D2) and the orchestration are direct lifts from "Keep Me There."

The big mystery remains: Who wrote "Run in the shadows/Damn your love, damn your lies/Break the silence/Damn the dark, damn the light"? I'm a little torn between what Joe says and what Nathan says.

Joe also references the audio of the three singers with Lindsey on guitar figuring out the verse music and some of the words. Lindsey gets the credit for that. The guitar is leading the charge.

The chain concept and chorus lyrics are Stevie's, obviously, because they're fully present in her demo.

The little bit of musical bridge between the chorus and the bass solo is Christine: it's the musical leitmotif in "Butter Cookie" and it's used again in "Keep Me There."

The final track is truly everybody's. There's just no other fair way to apportion ownership.

moviekinks.blogspot.com