View Single Post
Old 01-08-2004, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Once again, who has never, ever in their lives driven under the statutory definition of "over the limit." I submit few have. Moreover, who would not try and get out of it if caught. I submit no one (fess up, a cop has never let you go even though you broke the traffic law - its the same thing in that the crime was committed, the law was broken, etc.). Moreover, W recognized he had a problem and quit. he should be lauded for that - not beaten down IMO. Also, it is not unethical to get a continuance in a case or to post bond or to pay the fine after it is levied. Most of the stuff you bring up is just reg. procedure you assert is a bad thing (someone is spinning ). I submit if W had been up to no good in this, he would have tried to have it fixed and been busted doing so. But, he did not.
You must be confused, then. I was hoping to point out that he lied on all points about what happened. Maybe it isn't a big deal to you, but it is to me. He lied about how it was handled, whether or not he went to court, whether his license had been suspended, whether or not he had someone post bond, etc. Moreover, he tried to have it covered up in the early nineties to protect his public persona. And I don't know about you, but it isn't normal for the defendant to request AND receive two continuances in this kind of thing. I'm not asserting that ANY of the procedures are bad or wrong, I'm asserting that the cover-up and lies about it are wrong.

Someone needs to read my post again.