View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
We’ve discussed the changes Stevie made to Sandy’s Seventh Wonder lyrics for more than a year. That’s what fan forums do. They discuss the same things over and over. The big things, the small ones.
Truer than true. It's a band fan forum. The Rumours drama from 1976 is still a hot topic of conversation here, as it should be—just as much as anything else directly or remotely related to the band. What else is there for a fan forum to do? Keep everything absolutely topical to the last few weeks? A lot of us—me included—really have nothing (or nothing more) to say about the current tour. I get tired of the knee-jerk crankiness, too, but I'd never dream of making any attempt to corral the conversation. Let it go wherever it goes, and this is the direction it's going. Actually, a lot of the fans here who are vocally disgusted with the current situation still share some cool insights into it. For me, a post is worth reading because it says something unusual or amusing or informative, not because it's got a certain "right" attitude about a year-old event. A forum that's been up for over twenty years, like this one, is bound to repeat itself a lot. Topics and attitudes and opinions will often seem stale to some of us readers. I've seen and added to so many threads about our favorite songs on Bella Donna or Mirage that I have absolutely nothing more to say. But I skip what bores me and dig around for something that amuses me. (That's why I wish we had a different format—to make it more convenient to decide at a glance.)

moviekinks.blogspot.com