View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Bob did write 1/2 songs

Excuse me, but Bob did write or co write 1/2 the songs on the five albums he recorded with FM. The last one in 1975. Heroes are Hard to Find had 7 of the 10 songs written by him, two on the first, and the rest on the three inbetween albums. I did not say that he wrote 1/2 the songs on each album, just on the total number of cuts on all five albums. He did sing them as well. Let's not minimize his credentials.

Plus I am not fighting to get Bob in for your approval or your desire, but only because he card about it so much and was very hurt when he was left out. I don't really care about anyone else's opinion. But after 27 years of marriage, I KNOW what HE cared about.

Also, you might be interested to know that all of those albums are gold or platinum now. He was awarded Rock Radio Award for best new debut album of the year and Billboard Award for best new artist of the year in 1978 for his first solo album French Kiss. I have both of those awards in my case and multiple gold and platinum albums on my wall.

Also, I might add that I just received over 30 personal messages and posts from Bob Welch friends and fans saying they couldn't get accepted on this site. Please tell me why that would be? By the way, I have the original copyrights of the songs on that first album with the manager prior to Steve's date, and also Bob writes about when he came to London after Judy Wont brought his name up to the band and it was in the winter and he was having to put coins in the heater in his apartment every few hours to keep warm before moving to Benifold. What are your credentials anyway? Feel free to contact me in a private message on my Facebook page. Wendy Welch.1232 and we'll talk privately. I don't use a pseudonym, and I have Bob's personal writings which I might quote to you. Were you around or alive then or did you know Bob or any of the other Mac people? I would be curious. Because you are very misinformed. Just like you said, Christine played with them in the studio, you are also misinformed about when Bob was called to be in the band or decided to leave.

Last edited by Wendy Welch; 03-19-2014 at 12:06 AM..