View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Nice try.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-ba...ectid=10986356

Legendary New Zealand bluesman Hammond Gamble and his band, Street Talk, was the support act that night...
I gave Hammond a call this week... he remembered the important stuff.
"They were arguing among themselves," he said. "We were told to leave them alone and don't get near them." Hammond said the gig that followed at Western Springs was a good concert but Wellington was most definitely "meltdown night".

Again, nice try.

Not a word about mocking Stevie, kicking Stevie or chucking a guitar at Stevie. So, yes, the biography was correct - he's still in denial. Also, I had no idea they considered replacing him with God, er, Clapton . I... just... couldn't imagine. I am in such awe of his incredible body of work. Admittedly, Clapton was completely f***ed out of his gourd on drugs and alcohol at the time, so even if they were able to line that up, it would have probably combusted at some point.
The NZ Herald is a reputable paper and I don't deny that Street Talk may be correct but this is a recently written article so who has the best memory....it's questionable the band does but Mick, Chris, Stevie, CAH and many others recall it being Auckland.......?

And why the nice try dig? I am saying he doesn't actually deny it....he doesn't. He probably doesn't genuinely remember but he doesn't say it NEVER happened....that article was 1997....in 2013 he actually does deny it/ says out right he doesn't remember it at all