View Single Post
Old 04-20-2002, 11:18 PM
joe

First of all...any of you that saw FM in the '70's - i bow to you! i'm not worthy...i would kill to have seen them then...i have so many tapes from that era (in boxes) and i just wish i was born about ten years younger! i first saw stevie at Alpine Valley, WI on 5-31-86...first concert ever...i saw her three weeks later at Poplar Creek, IL on 6-21-86 )(the 'cloaks and daggers' live bootleg cd was recorded there). I was in awe both times...i had been a fan for about 4 years at that point. i'm glad i got to see her at that point being it was the last tour she was partying a bit...i was 16 and i didn't really notice anything crazy except she was spinning a bit and quite chatty with the audience and really seemed to have a good time (now we know why! =) )

i first saw FM in LA on 12-7-87 and it was a really long concert and really good despite Lindsey's absence.

I last saw Stevie at PNC in Jersey in, I think July (?) 2001...good show despite the loss of "Outside the Rain" =( although i did see her in Hartford, CT a few weeks before then when she did the whole set - YAY! The thing i remember about that show was 'fall from grace'...her performance was vintage Stevie without a doubt...during the verses '...and now alone in my room as it all begins again...' she had both hands on her head with her eyes closed and her chiffon draping and she looked VERY intense..very 'sisters of the moon'....which, i hope they do one more time! Fat chance i'm sure =(

i live just north of nyc about 50 miles so it's cool cause i can go to about 4 shows ( NY, NJ, CT - without travelling very far) everytime FM or Stevie come around...Can't wait!

By the way, i've moved around quite a bit that's why all the various shows i saw were all over the place!