View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Hope this is in the right forum. As it's pretty critical of activities from 1997 until recent developments I'd like to think so.

So here we are again.
this is almost completely referring to Rumours-era lineup so should probably be in Rumours forum.

i cannot agree more with your assessment that the time from 1997 reunion on was completely wasted. they made tons of money, but creatively it was unbelievable waste. Lindsey was not even 50 yet, then. now he's 70. he should have quit once Christine did and never go back unless he had a firm, contractually signed commitment that they'll record / tour a new album within certain time frame. we could have had so much new music from him.

people keep wanting the classic 5 to reunite. i really hope that never happens - except maybe a one-off show or 2. but not an album and not a tour. both things are a waste of time as the last 23 years has shown us.

people who cannot learn from history will keep repeating it. i really hope Lindsey has finally learned - these people are not worth his wasting the time of new beginnings. he kept trying and trying and just got pushback for decades. other than Christine, the rest of them want money, adulation and limelight, but creativity is of no interest to them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"