View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I couldn't bring myself to go to the Lindsey-less show in 2019. I think I made the right choice- the imaginative set initially tempted me but it had largely been pared down by the time they came to London- not the band's fault, just under-informed and confused audiences. The videos I have seen of Christine on that tour do seem to show a growing frailty, both vocally and physically so I kind of worried about her back then. She was certainly spouting the company line,but I never believed she approved of Lindsey's firing. The 2015 tour was a gift of an only occasionally benevolent god, and Christine was largely magnificent and a joy to behold. Yes, there was a flub here or there , but it made it all heroically real, a fascinating glimpse of a woman who had been through everything her profession could throw at her in her first fifty odd years, who then retired, and then did it all over again. I would never have been able to thank her enough for that.
They dropped “Tell me all Things You Do” before our show. It was a good jam.I think it fit Mike Campbell’s guitar style rather well. Christine has a groovy piano solo in it. I really wanted to hear something from Kiln House but to no avail.