View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I'm not into Lindseys songs that much, too, BUT - you are vastly underrating him for FM here. Imho he had so many songs on the albums because without them, the albums wouldn't have happened at all. Christine writes for a project, she does 3 or 4 good tracks - that's it. All Stevie has to offer for decades now are old demos, and she plundered whatever she had thoroughly for her solo recordings. So Lindseys work of art has not been putting his songs on FM, but rather bringing out the best in Christine, dusting off Stevies tired old leftovers, making it all sound like a band AND kicking their lazy asses into the studio for a start. He may or may not have always been successful in his artistic visions at all times, but the results we listen to come from HIS hard work and his alone. Egomaniac or not, he made FM happen, from Tusk on.

And that makes firing him such a betrayal, the band absolutely relied on his talents, his commitment and his devotion for decades. And suddenly he is just another former guitar player, because changing guitar players is the legacy of the band. Pass me the vomit bucket, please.
I agree with you on this and my point was just that I never cared for him as a songwriter, and he did brilliant work in the studio 100%. I just always have ignored his songs on FM albums in favour of the great stuff he did for the girls' compositions.