View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The tour was hit or miss with crowds. Of course they made money but nowhere near Fleetwood Mac standards. I saw Stevie Nicks in Pittsburgh in 1989 and she had substantial bigger crowd than Fleetwood Mac one year later. It was embarrassing when the lights would hit the arena and show empty seats. I saw the end of the tour which was the "Farewell tour" and it still was not packed. The reviews of the concerts were horrible. The rock elite just could not get Rick and Billy. The Pittsburgh Press reviewer even made fun of their "incredibly bad Italian hair cuts."
The Behind the Mask Farewell tour is actually one of my favorite Mac tours of all time. So much energy on stage. Stevie never danced like that again and Christine was on top of her game.
Glad to read I'm not the only one who love Behind the Mask. Both ladies were on top form. And yes, sadly it was the last enjoyable time on stage.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.