View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I remember that when I read Bob Welch's wife's stories about Christine keeping Bob out of the R&RHOF, that she wasn't the woman I'd always hoped she was. And I did my best to ignore it, and forgive her. And I pretty much made it. Until the Lindsey debacle. She's almost as bad and Dick and the Old Goat.'

Lindsey is the ONLY one I'd even care to meet, these days. Perhaps John, but I've never understood anything he's ever said on camera, so it would be frustrating trying to decipher his cockney mumblings.
I'm with you admiring Christine as my favorite member. She has always had a calming effect on me. Her songs are always excellent and always loved how it was never about "her" but always the group effort. All traits that I admire. I love her playing too. Everything she adds to a song it always top notch. But if you read some of Bob's interviews during the 90's, Bob had some harsh things to say about her saying stuff like she acted like royalty, etc. I guess those traits of putting the band FIRST (no matter what) does come with some negative baggage i.e. turning your back on Lindsey and not putting your foot down, turning your back on Bob, etc. She seems to have a blind loyalty to Mick except when she wanted to leave the band. She even gave him $50,000 during his peak debt crisis in 1984.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-03-2019 at 11:46 AM..