View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Not a lot in this, if you're looking for a "what happened" recap of winter/spring 2018.

The closest we get to that is Lindsey saying (around the 40:40 min mark) that people in show biz (and he names Stevie) can lose themselves, particularly when they become successful solo artists. "People think of you as a false god or a real god. People think of you as something which is far elevated from a human level. And the machinery, unfortunately, tends to pander to that because it greases the whole idea of doing business."

"So, people start to think of themselves in an unrealistic way. People tend to think of the world in a distorted way, in terms of how it relates to them."

He adds that the business forces people into being more selfish than they otherwise might be because of the dynamics at play in being a live performer and traveling around the world. He said people can rely on a selfishness that you couldn't get away with if you're a parent, for example, or really any other facet of everyday life.

Anyway, to me, he was saying Stevie was selfish and that kind of behavior is not punished in the music business or in a band like Fleetwood Mac, it's rewarded.
Thanks for the recap. Lindsey is very diplomatic here. It is interesting that he does point a finger at Stevie, ultimately calling her selfish and someone with a big ego. But on the other hand he blames the business for catering to this, almost cultivating it. Lindsey is more hurt, than angry or bitter about the whole situation with FM. I do believe he wanted something more for them and their legacy. Sad it turned out differently. But for every door that closes, another one opens. I wish him the best.

Last edited by jwd; 10-08-2018 at 03:31 PM..