View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I don't think that Tango is a good album, to this day I find it disapointing and the least interesting FM album made after 1972. I liked Time better, so there you know how much I liked Tango.

Lindsey is a studio wizzard, but left to his own decisions, he goes off into nowhere. He overproduced Tango and SYW excessivly. And his ideas repeat themselves, it get's boring. Tango is the most dated sounding FM album, even SYW sounds already dated, because he used the same 80s sound he used back in 87.

Basically, Lindsey ruined/wasted at least 2 albums for me. His songwriting qualities? Nah, he had his moments, but overall, he cannot find a Hook if his life depends on it.

I loved BTM, real people making real music, cut down on the effects and all the gimmicks. It was a major step in a more down-to-earth direction.

Of course JIMHO.
I think both Christine and Lindsey repeated their ideas a lot. When I heard songs like BTM (title track) and Sooner or Later from Christine I was happy to hear her chart into new territory. Skies the Limit is another good example, although I hate the jingling timbre of the keyboards. Trolly trains and her voice not my cup of tea.