View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
I could get my degree online....so I wouldnt actually have to go into school lmao
I wouldn't do that if I were you. I have several friends in the Human Resources field, others who are hiring managers, etc & they all universally have a chip on their shoulder about University of Phoenix & other online schools. If you're going to sink the time & money into education, go to a physical school. If you want to cut down on costs to get a bachelor's degree for instance, knock out your prerequisite courses at a local community college (usually takes 2 years), then transfer to a state-owned university for your junior & senior years.

Also, keep trying to get a salon job. Keep in mind you have to put your time in the trenches to get an actual job you WANT. So try getting your foot in the door at a place such as Supercuts, even if it's just part time or whatever they may offer. The old adage is unfortunately true... you have to have a job to get a job.