View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default All Over Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Morris View Post
Greenmanastrat,

As for the Warehouse recording of I've got a mind to give up living mentioned by Aida: This is my favorite Peter Green Bootleg, the other two bootlegs of this song are now on Youtube. I think one was recorded at the Filmore West in January 1969, and the other in Sweden in early 1970, supposedly just after the infamous Munich incident. I like them all, the version that was recorded in Sweden is probably the darkest of the three, but the Warehouse recording is impossible to beat. For me, it has the geatest guitar solo that I have ever heard in any genre.

Evan
My favorite was always the 31/1 1970 Warehouse version of All Over Again. But inspired by the recent posts on this thread I have just listened to the Stockholm 1/4 1970 version - and that is ALSO out of this world! More fluid somehow but extremely painful. I tend not to listen too much to the bootlegs of lesser quality sound, but in this case it doesn't matter. I can now hear that it is the the singing that is distant, not the guitar(s). Danny does a very good job backing him on this one...Pure Bliss

Ms Moose