View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
My understanding is that shows are generally canceled not added to if sales for a tour are so dire. Sure it isn't going to be as sought after as the last tour without the cache of Christine's big return. It wouldn't be if Lindsey were still there either. However, it isn't some sort of colossal failure as a few people here seem to want it to be. I am mystified about this attitude that "the band should just be over because my favorite member is no longer with them." It would be interesting to note if this attitude was present at all the points along the road where members were no longer there. Good grief, if they followed that philosophy there would be decades of music that never came to be and Christine, Bob, Stevie and Lindsey etc. would never have been in the band. If someone is displeased about this, I just don't see why they don't go focus on a band they still like rather than wanting the termination of an entire entity which so many still appreciate and are willing to pay to see and enjoy.
This is not about "my favorite band member", it's about someone who was fired after 43 years of hard work. Not 2 or 3 years like Bob Welch. Not like Christine who chose to leave the band. Not like Stevie who I still see in the band doing what she wants.
You can name all members of the band. Lindsey's situation is unique. No one was in the band as longer as him and was fired, and didn't see it coming.

So, yeah, I want them to fail and to end this circus once and for all so I can see Lindsey on his solo tour. Of course what I want and what will happen are two entirely different things, and I'm not expecting you to understand it since you're not a Lindsey fan.

I'm just happy knowing they will have to work harder (more venues) to fill their pockets like they're used to.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.