View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
We're talking about the same band here that allowed one of its most famous songs to be included in a majorally-edited form on the 'Tusk' CD.
I've understood that in the early days of the CD, when Tusk was made for its first cd-reissue, it wasn't possible to get it over 74 minutes without losing the sound quality. I don't know if it is possible even know. Maybe it is, we all know Say You Will runs longer than that.
Quote:
I don't think they cared much about the compact disc format at that time, and it was highly unlikely they would have included a "bonus track" on any of the discs.
Ah, but they had Ken Caillat working on those back then, so I don't think they were totally ignorant and actually were informed on the situation.
In any case, the band only began to care about the song again after The Dance. If they would have cared about it as much earlier (=after Rumours, that is), you'd think it would have taken a place of the more obscure Stevie song in the setlist.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up