View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
Johnny, if you're speaking of the incessant repetition here then why does it not bother you in the Tango In The Night songs that eventually made it to the album?
As I mentioned, my biggest beef is that for a song that's nearing the 5 minute mark, there's just not a lot going on.
Perhaps it would have been edited down if it was used on the album though. But who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
The band had a lot of years to correct their 'mistake'. When CD was made available in the '80s and Ken Caillat was spending his time preparing the Rumours for it (he pulled the first issue from stores because he hated the sound quality) the band chose not to include the song on the album as a bonus, even though such things were becoming common practice. They didn't give a damn about it until after 1997, when the track received the public recognition that it deserves.
We're talking about the same band here that allowed one of its most famous songs to be included in a majorally-edited form on the 'Tusk' CD.
I don't think they cared much about the compact disc format at that time, and it was highly unlikely they would have included a "bonus track" on any of the discs.