View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
You're twisting the thread to fit your views now. I never said she didn't help sell it, please quote me where I said that. And there is a clear difference between tour proceeds and album proceeds.

As for "not conceding that the tour helped sell the album," I don't believe it did in the States. I don't know what Le Stew is talking about when he says it was #1 twice in the UK (he needs to link to a chart or somehting), but I do know that the album was on the charts for an entire year before they even played hteir first UK date.
First, in regard to the tour, the Shake The Cage Tour was very big in this country, no doubt.

Second, the thread seems twisted to suit you. I never said that you said () that she didn't help sell the album. I said that you refused to concede that Stevie brought fans to the album, thus helping to sell it, thus helping to justify that she should have no problem taking money for the album, which you had questioned.
Now we're unraveled.

- Jake