View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 09:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Who?
I don't know [Neil Finn] and nobody I know knows him.
That's kinda sad to hear. As a music fanatic growing up in the 70s/80s, I got to know a ton of music from the 50s/60s. It's weird to me that a fan of FM - whose last great album ("Tango in the Night," IMO) hit the same year as Crowded House's monster debut LP hit America - doesn't know who Finn is. I'd bet that anyone who is unaware of Finn's work is no doubt missing out on a boatload of other great musicians' work from that era and earlier.

It's one thing to not care for Finn's music, but not even knowing who he is...? Ah, well, it's the world we live in, I guess. My teen-aged son is looking forward to the ELO show next weekend that we'll be attending together, but I'm sure many of his peers have no idea who Jeff Lynne is! These clueless young 'uns really need to GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

That's one potential positive of all this FM nonsense. By the end of this tour, Finn's work will have gotten a lot of new (and well-deserved) exposure here in the States. Being a huge fan of both Finn and LB, I'm really torn about these FM developments!