View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I think it wasn't as much about trying get along for the purpose of getting along as it was about getting her to record. I think he reaaaaaaally wanted to get her to record and was very much trying to butter her up to lure her back in the studio. I was reading/listening to a lot of the interviews with him from around 2011-2013 and it's obvious how much he was trying for that. He talked a lot about how happy he knew she was when she made her album with Dave Stewart all nice and cozy at her house and that it was a really good experience for her. Then shortly after that he had her come to HIS house for the EP and he made it all nice and cozy. He even said he wrote Sad Angel about that exact thing, her getting back to 'fight' the FM battle. Even little things like David Wilde said he added Stephanie to his solo setlist because he thought she might like it etc. Basically I think he was trying to kiss her butt to get her to do an album but it didn't work and I'm sure he started getting very frustrated.

http://www.buckinghamnicks.info/quot...nment-12062012
Here's an interesting one from before the 2013 tour for example, look at what he says here:

Q: "Yes, but you said you wanted to do an album first. Stevie told me she wanted to do an album but people aren’t interested in them anymore, so you have just the two songs for now."

A: “Oh no, that’s not true. I don’t know what she’s talking about. She just didn’t come with any songs. She didn’t want to do an album. I said ‘Stevie, what do you think?’ and she said ‘No, I don’t want to do that.’ So I didn’t push it. I’ve got all this stuff sitting around. I’ll get John (McVie) and Mick (Fleetwood) over here from Hawaii and do a low-key, under-the-radar situation, producer-wise, just see what happens. We cut like seven, eight tracks with Mitchell Froom and the stuff turned out great. We did it all in the proper keys for Stevie’s range, and for her to drop in her parts. My hope she would hear some of this stuff and love it and get drawn in. She wasn’t really prepared to love it, so she didn’t. She’s starting to love it more now, now that she’s on a couple. She felt sort of put-upon and that’s fair enough I guess. She had her idea of not wanting to do it and here I was getting John and Mick over, doing this rah-rah thing. Come on guys!”

Q: I have a feeling this interview is going to get the tour canceled before it begins...

A: “No, no, no, not at all. But I think probably she felt put-upon in the sense she didn’t have a lot of material sitting around to bring. Maybe there was a sense of pressure on her part. I was talking to Mick yesterday. At some point we’re going to be very glad we did this material. Something’s gonna happen with this. What that is remains to be seen. If we only use a couple of these for now, that’s fine. Stevie still needs to come with something. Who’s to say? I’m not pushing for an album. Down the line, maybe. I think it would be great. Stevie’s gotta be happy, she’s gotta be comfortable and that’s really the bottom line."
So this is the monster who deserved to be fired because of the horrible way he was treating Stevie in the studio?

I'm sure the people characterizing Lindsey as currently being unyielding in the studio are taking note that their recriminations are unsupported by facts and will refrain from characterizing him that way in the future, thereby demonstrating their integrity.

Last edited by sodascouts; 06-12-2018 at 02:10 PM..