View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You're right. There were more people who bought and listened to this album because of the Rumours line up than there were people who overlooked it because of them.
Maybe...25 million (or so) copies of Rumours sold, 35,000 (or so) copies of Time sold. I think that would mean most of the Rumours era fans wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole...

Sure Time wasn't the greatest album that FM ever released, but the same could be said about Then Play On, Penguin (one of my favourites), Mirage, etc.

In my opinion the failure of Time wasn't directly linked to the quality of the album or the lack of talent in the band at that time. The SN & LB fans were never going to accept it, I seem to remember the general level of dislike directed towards Bekka for singing Stevie songs. For those people who were fans back then, correct me if I'm wrong but the newsgroup and forums of the day were full of complaints about Bekka's voice (and let's be honest the girl can sing).

Additionally the record company didn't want to promote the album without its two main attractions.

Anyway, thats my two cents worth (and that isn't worth a lot post-GFC)