View Single Post
Old 01-24-2003, 09:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hey David,

I just had another thought....I'm willing to be that's why Rick Vito will not discuss the reason(s) why he left the band in 1990.

I wouldn't be surprised if Billy is already aware of all this....he's never been given the credit he deserved for anything else he's done, so I wouldn't be surprised if the word has spread to him already....

Quote:
Billy was always very good to the Mac, but it seems they didn't exactly return the goodwill.

Billy has been good friends with Christine for YEARS....even BEFORE he joined the Mac...he appeared with her in 1984 in her solo album concert with George Hawkins,Jr. and Todd Sharp. He still keeps in touch with Christine, as they are still good friends. Billy made mention of this during his Q&A.

Stevie also said how much more relaxed things were when Billy and Rick were in the band. Stevie was ALSO a friend of Billy's BEFORE he joined the band. Rick was also part of Stevie's "Street Angel" tour, and that was 4 years AFTER he left the Mac.

Billy and Rick are also very good friends, as they have performed together on a couple of occasions in the past couple of years.

My thinking is, if there are going to be hard feelings here, it will probably be with Mick and maybe possibly Lindsey too...as it seemes that he also pretty much ignores the fact that Billy and Rick were in the band.

As you said, it's "absolutely horrible".

Michele "The Billy Freak"