View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
That's sort of an odd response, I think. It's like standing on principle when principle is irrelevant. What's relevant to seeing a concert is whether there's anyone or anything onstage you want to see. In that case, four of the five Rumours people are still there, playing and singing. Didn't you want to see them? Even if you no longer considered the band Fleetwood Mac, how is seeing the concert any different from seeing Stevie play live with Todd Rundgren or Kenny Loggins or Walter Egan or Bob Welch or any of the other guys she cameo'd with? You should have gone to the concert and just imagined you were seeing Stevie and Christine cameo onstage with some anonymous group.

So bring on the new music, kids, and let's hear what ya got! My Spotify is ready.
I thought Lindsey was such an integral part of FM that it was hard for me to imagine the rest of the band soldiering on without him. So it wasn't so much principle, really. I did see FM in November of 1990, and now some 28 years later, I'm seeing them again, almost to the day. I really did like Rick and Billy, and a part of me was disappointed they weren't invited back, but I can understand why they went a different route.

Sorry you didn't care for the BTM album as much as I did. I love it so much, but I totally agree Stevie's songs are not memorable. No Questions Asked and Paper Doll are fascinating to me, but in an odd way LOL. Christine, Billy, and Rick really shined, though.