View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post
Thanks for posting the link. I read an article like this that contains the standard calculating responses by Mick and I honestly feel sick to my stomach. I know there are many of you who are happy or at least willing to go along with this new lineup but I just don’t get it. I’m really trying to see your point of view, but how can you as fans support this? They tossed there creative leader out like he was garbage and now we are all supposed to just go along with a band playing covers and pay $300? I just can’t stand by silently seeing how wronged Lindsey Buckingham was here knowing how much of his life he devoted to this band. How can you guys as long time fans?

I would be surprised if there was new music by this group. Watch Campbell’s instagram account. He pushes the Dirty Knobs in every other video. Don’t think he is in this for the long haul, I could be wrong.
Although many of you won’t believe this, I completely get why many of you won’t buy into the new lineup without Lindsey. For me, though, I do.

I do because I don’t see Lindsey as the sole creative leader of the band. I see him as a very talented man who produced and arranged their songs for years. However, he didn’t write most of their best songs.

To me, its sort of like when a band moves on from a long time producer. Like U2 have done several times in their run.

I resonate mostly with the Christine and Stevie songs so it’s not the change to me it is for others who resonate more with the Lindsey songs.

I also am more cynical to believe that Lindsey is a pure victim here I am very confident that the blame lies fairly equally on both sides and it’s more of an equitable parting of the ways Han you may think.

Lastly, I believe the band needed a jolt of creative energy and was stagnating for years and Neil and Mike can offer that jolt. Neil has written and recorded something like five albums in the last six years and is a creative force who works very well with others.

Mike is similar in his creative energy and brings the musical chops necessary to bring those Finn and Christine melodies and Stevie angst to life.

For these reasons, I’m excited about the new lineup. It’s not that I don’t respect Lindsey as an artist. I adore Lindsey as an artist.

I just think it’s best to focus on the blessings we have rather than what we don’t have.