View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie and Lindsey

I was going to start a separate thread about Lindsey and Stevie but noticed the discussion here has evolved into that anyway.

Lindsey and Stevie did love each other. Do they love each other still? Of course they do. Listen to the emotion in She Loves Him Still, recorded just four years ago. And I have NO DOUBT that Stevie is going to drop some bombs in the form of two or three new songs on tour about, you guessed it, Lindsey.

Or maybe she will just sing "My Mother's Rings" about her mom.

Stevie and Lindsey were together EIGHT years. My dad dated a lady named Lizz for EIGHT years. He never got over her, even though he remarried, he still hates anyone to say a bad word about Lizz. But my mom is another story, he has loathed her for the 16 years they have been divorced.

Stevie is Lindsey's Lizz. Or Lizz is Dad's Stevie. The men and women we never get over, even if we move on and you know what - after 43 years as close colleagues, who can blame them for wanting time apart, when their full time touring schedule would push them to breaking point and damage Lindsey's marriage and Stevie's romance with Dave Stewart? (Tongue in cheek there)