View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Brunning was hired as a band member, perhaps temporarily, perhaps not. Nigel Watson, as I understand it, wasn't even hired, he tagged along with PG. No different to Sharon Celani and Lori Nicks.

It is a debate that we are never going to end without input from either Peter Green or Mick Fleetwood. The fact that Mick considers himself the ONLY founding member, indicates that McVie wasn't a founding member, and thus, Brunning was.

I wonder whether PG said to Brunning "When John McVie joins, you are out of the band" OR "If John McVie joins, you are out of the band". We shall never know...
I love your remark about Celani and Lori Nicks!! Much like Brunning ever since leaving the band, they are "hangers on" in my opinion. (And I'll likely be crucified in writing for saying so by the Welsh Witch devotees!!!!) But honestly, back-up singers can be replaced and no one will really care. Good bass players are hard to find.

Was Brunning a member of FM? Of course! Wasn't the original bass player, but he was in the band, no doubt, at least in my opinion.